The Blaine School District
Family Service Center
Serving the Blaine, Birch Bay and Pt. Roberts areas as the social service arm of the Blaine School District
What is our mission? Our mission is to link human services, schools, communities, and families together to support the healthy and safe development of families and students. We address the needs of the whole child in order to promote school success, reduce barriers to learning, encourage student engagement, and to ensure that all children are able to attend school, ready to learn.
Based on the Readiness to Learn model, we are here to assist, support, educate, and empower families and students in finding resources and services in hopes of creating opportunities for all kids to achieve at their highest learning potential.
Located: Above the Middle School Gym (across from the Boys and Girls Club)
Hours: Tuesday and Thursday 8:30 am to 11:00 a.m.
(on school days).
We make every effort to be open during these hours, but due to staff schedules, please call ahead to make sure we are open.
· All children can learn
· All children are entitled to live in a safe, healthy, and civil environment
· In the strength of family
· In the assets found in the community
· In planning with families not for families
· In honoring diversity in all its shapes, forms, abilities, ethnicities, orientations, and values; and that this diversity adds richness and strength to our community
· In helping familiesunderstand and navigate systems as they move to self-sufficiency
· In assuring equal access to services