All instructional materials, including supplementary materials and teachers manuals, used with any survey, analysis or evaluation in a program or project supported by federal funds are available for inspection by parents and guardians.
No student will be required as part of any project or program supported by federal funds to submit to survey, analysis or evaluation that reveals information concerning:
1. Political affiliations;
2. Potentially embarrassing mental or psychological problems;
3. Sexual behavior and attitudes;
4. Illegal, anti-social, self-incriminating or demeaning behavior;
5. Critical appraisals of close family members;
6. Privileged or similar relationships; or
7. Income, other than information necessary to establish eligibility for a program; without the prior consent of adult or emancipated students, or written permission of parents.
Legal References: 20 U.S.C. 1232h Protection of Pupil Rights (Hatch Amendment)
34 CFR Parts 75, 76, Student rights in research,
and 98(1984) experimental activities and testing
Adoption Date: April 28, 2003